DATA EXPORTS (VERSION 1.0) HAS ARRIVED!
You spoke. We listened. Exporting your data has never been easier in Apply! Today, we’ve released the complete first version of our simplified, Data Export tooling. Located within Apply’s Reporting section, you can now quickly build program-specific Data Exports by identifying your desired columns, and then exporting the associated data to a .csv or .xlsx file. This feature allows you to take your up-to-date data out of our system in a timely manner, so that you can action on it whenever you need to. Apply’s Data Exports: a faster, easier, and more reliable way to access your data.
What’s so special about Version 1.0?
Two months ago, we released the BETA version of Data Exports knowing that we still had functionality to add - we simply wanted to give you early access so that you could begin getting value from the feature. Since that initial launch, we’ve fixed bugs, removed the “BETA” sticker, and added the following improvements:
· Pre-export, filtering capabilities: Now, you’ll be able export a subset of data based on one or more predetermined properties. This will save you a step or two before you begin analyzing the data in programs like Excel. Things you can filter on include commonly shared properties like application labels, stage, status, Admin decisions and custom fields.
· Column labels have been refined to make constructing the Data Exports easier
· New column options have been added, including things like Average and Cumulative Review Scores for stages
· Question identifiers appear within the columns to help you differentiate between similar questions
To learn how to get started using Apply’s Data Exports, please check out this article in our Help Center.
· From this point forward, all newly created sites will only have access to Data Exports.
· For existing sites (excluding US server sites), data has stopped flowing into Apply’s old version of Reporting - you’ll be able to access those reports for the next few weeks, but they won’t contain any new data. Data Export functionality will need to be used to report on up-to-date site information.
· When uploading files that failed to meet the criteria defined in recommendation task settings, some recommenders were only given error messages on the first attempt to upload a file. This has been resolved and recommenders will now be given error messages each time they attempt to upload a file that doesn’t meet the task criteria.
· Some admins experienced an issue where downloading exports with similar names would result in the incorrect export being downloaded. This has been resolved, and admins should always get the data from the correct export when downloading data exports.