You can also create Chart Widgets to display the data in your report. This widget type can be created either from a blank Chart Widget or by converting an existing table into a chart.
Types of Charts
|Horizontal Bar Chart||
Used for comparing numerical values (measures) between categories of data (e.g. comparing # of Applications submitted for each program)
NOTE: The Numerical value is on the x-axis, and the Categorical value is on the y-axis
|Vertical Bar Chart||
Used for comparing numerical values (measures) between categories of data (e.g. comparing # of applications submitted for each program). This is sometimes called a column chart.
NOTE: The numerical value is on the y-axis, and the categorical value is on the x-axis
Good for seeing trends over time (e.g. # of applications created per month in the last quarter of the year)
NOTE: This would typically, have time on the x-axis and the numerical value on the y-axis
Used for displaying one or more dimensions and one or more measures in a tabular list.
Good for displaying raw data
Shows the aggregated value of a measure (e.g. Total number of applications submitted on the site, or Average score of across all applications in a program)
This is also known as a KPI (Key Performance Indicator) or a metric.
Used for Comparing data points on multiple levels.
For example, you can see pull a cross tab where:
You will then get a breakdown of the number of applications by Province/State to each Program. You can then add additional data points to break the information down further. For example, The rows are Program name and Stage Name.
How to add a Chart
To add a chart:
- Click on the Chart icon in the top right corner
- Select the Type of Chart you wish to add
- Once the Chart Type is selected, a blank Chart Widget Template will be added to the canvas
- To add data, expand and search the data well for the information you would like to add to the X and Y Axis.
- One at a time, click and drag the data points into the X-Axis and Y-Axis fields to generate the chart in the format you selected