When referencing an external link or a link to a resource such as a page or a file within the site a link can be created that a user can select to access it. This article covers how to create a link to a page or file that has been added to your site or to an external resource and the settings available during this build.
What is a Hyperlink?
A link is a combination of text that replaces a lengthy URL keeping the presentation of your content clean. Links are also commonly referred to as web links or hyperlinks. For example, instead of adding the full link https://mysite.smapply.io, the text 'My Site' can be used as a placeholder for the URL instead. The link will redirect the user to the original URL https://mysite.smapply.io without disrupting the flow of your content.
How to Add/Edit a Link
Create a Link
To create a link within your site:
- Create a title for the link within the content editor
- Highlight the title of the link
- Select the Link icon from the formatting bar
- From the Link Info tab add the destination URL to the URL field
- Optional: Select the Target tab and customize how the resource will open for the user
- Select OK
TIP! The link icon appears in the formatting bar with a symbol resembling a chain link. If you're unsure, hover your cursor over an icon and a banner will appear with the title of the icon.
Edit a Link
To edit a link:
- Double click the link to populate the link editor window
- Make required updates
- Select OK
Remove a Link
To remove a link simply clear the text or:
- Highlight the linked text
- Select the Unlink icon from the formatting bar. This will remove the link and preserve your text