This article will walk you through how to successfully set up an Advanced Review Stage in your site. Advanced Review Stages are useful if you wish to add more detailed questions to your reviewers about the submissions they are reviewing. If you only require a basic review you may choose to set up a Simple Review Stage.
- How to Add a New Advanced Review Stage
- Review Stage Settings
- Set up the Evaluation
- Reviewer Assignments
- Review Stage Messages
- Stage Visibility
- Stage Automation
How to Add an Advanced Review Stage
In order to create a new Advanced Review stage:
- Go to your Workflow
- Click on the Plus + sign below your list of current stages
- Select Advanced Review
- Enter a name for your stage.
Advanced Review Stage Settings
To access the Settings section of your stage:
- Go to your Workflow
- Click on the Name of the stage to access the stage configurations.
- Click on Settings
Within the Settings section of your stage you can set up basic details about the stage:
|Title||Edit the Title of your Stage. This is an alternative to the inline process.|
|Include Instructions for Reviewer||Provide instructions for your reviewers that have assignments in this stage. Use the text editor to style the text.|
|Review Start Date||
Enter the Date/Time you wish for your reviewers to begin completing their reviews.
Reviewers will not be able to access this task until after the start date.
|Deadline for Review Completion||
Enter the Date/Time you wish for the review period to close.
Reviewers will no longer be able to access the task after the deadline. For more information refer to How to Set a Deadline on a Stage.
The Grace Period is in HOURS. This setting provides reviewers with additional time to complete tasks within this stage.
The grace period is not displayed to reviewers and is an internal setting to determine when to close the program.
|Allow Review Editing||
This setting allows reviewers to edit the task after initial completion. By default, Reviewers will not be able to edit their review after they have completed it.
|Allow reviewers to view and make notes on applications||This setting allows Reviewers to add and share Notes on the application with other Reviewers and Administrators.|
|Application Status||Display a status to applicants when their application enters this stage.|
Set up the Evaluation
To access the Evaluation section of your stage:
- Go to your Workflow
- Click on the Stage Name to access the stage settings
- Click on Evaluation
Use Existing Form
When creating your Advanced Reviewer Stage you may wish to create your reviewer form using a form that has already been created. This useful for creating similar forms without having to start from the beginning each time. This feature will allow you to use an existing form from any program in your site. To create an advanced Review Form from an existing form:
- Click on Use Existing Form
- Select the Review Form you wish to use.
- Click Select
- You can make any necessary changes that you need to the form. For example, you may wish to change the terminology, or Add or Remove questions.
- Save the Form
- Click to Save the stage
NOTE: Changes to this form will have no effect on the original form.
Create New Form
To create a new form without using a preexisting one:
- Click on Create New Form
- You will be directed to the Form Builder where you can set up the form with the questions you wish to ask your reviewers. For more information, refer to "How to Set Up an Advanced Review Form".
To access the Assignments section of your stage:
- Go to the Workflow
- Click on the Name of the stage to access the stage configurations
- Click on Assignments
For more information on assignments within a review stage you can refer to the following articles in our help center:
Reviewer Stage Messages
Enter a message that will be displayed to reviewers in this stage once the reviewer has completed all of their assignments.
Following the submission of all reviews, reviewer will also be presented with the option to navigate:
- To the list of assignments they just completed
- To their portal homepage
Within this section, you can set the visibility of:
- Applicant Account Information available to the reviewers
- Application Information visible to the reviewers
- Application Tasks visible to the reviewers
- Reviewer information and scores available to other reviewers
- Reviewer information and scores available to the applicants
Applicant Account Information
|Personal Applicant Information||
This setting will enable/disable all of the applicant information from being available to the reviewers.
Includes: applicant name, email, photo, and uploaded file names
Show/Hide the applicant's responses to the eligibility form in your site.
|Applicant Custom Fields||
Select which Applicant Custom Fields you wish to be visible to the reviewers assigned.
Show/ Hide Labels that have been applied to the application.
Show/ Hide the Application Status to the reviewers.
|Application Custom Fields||
Select which Application Custom Fields you wish to be visible to the reviewers assigned.
Enable/Disable the ability for your reviewers to see the full activity log of the application.
Enable/Disable the ability for your reviewers to view notes that have been left by reviewers and administrators.
Enable/ Disable whether the applicant can see the date the application was submitted under the Application tab in their review panel.
This does not have any effect on the Activity Log. If the activity log is enabled the reviewer will be able to view the dates.
The tasks will be separated into each application stage that you have within your site. Therefore you will be able to customize the setting for each stage. For each application stage you can choose to:
- Show All Application Tasks
- Choose specific application tasks to be visible
Reviewer and Review Data visible to Reviewers
Show/ Hide scores given to the application by the reviewer giving it.
|Reviews from other reviewers||
Configure settings for information that will be shown to reviewers based on the other reviewers assigned to the application:
Reviewer Information visible to Applicants
|Review Content (excluding scores)||
Show/ Hide the full review form from the applicant.
Show/ Hide the reviewer scores given to an application.
|Personal Reviewer information for reviewers||
Show/ Hide the reviewers' personal information to the applicants for the application being reviewed.
Includes: reviewer name, email, custom fields, photo
Stage automations allow you to create an automatic action within the site. Common examples are sending emails, moving submissions to the next stage, or adding labels to the application.
When the stage is created it will be automatically populated with a few triggers to get you started:
- When application enter this stage -> Set status
- When application enter this stage -> Set labels
- When all reviewers/teams have completed all reviews -> Move to stage
- When an application has been reviewed X times -> Move to stage
- On date -> Email reviewers
- When a reviewer/team has completed all of their reviews -> Email reviewer
You can also Create a New Automation.
Perform Actions on the Automations
This section contains the Name of the Task, the current status (Active/Inactive), and Actions you can take on the automation.
To Edit the Automation:
- Click on the Edit Icon beside the Automation you wish to Edit
- Refer to How to Create a Stage Automation for more detailed instructions.
For More Actions:
- Hover your cursor over the Automation you wish to edit
- Click on the More Options icon beside the Automation
- A dropdown will appear with a list of actions you can take
The actions you can take are: