Identifiers are used as an internal way of referring to a question in the site. They are most commonly added to questions when you require the use of Advanced Expression Piping (AEP) within your form. They are short, one word, values made up of letters and numbers.
- How to Add an Identifier
- How does the Identifier Appear within the Site
- Reasons you may require an Identifier
How to add an Identifier
In order to add an Identifier to a question:
- Access the Form Builder of the form you are looking to edit.
- Click on the Question you wish to add the identifier to.
- On the left of the screen under the question type dropdown is the Identifier. If you have no value currently as an identifier the value will say None.
- Click on the word None, or if there is a value there click on the current value to be given a text box.
- Enter the Identifier you wish to give to the question.
- Save the form.
- Once the Identifier has been added you will notice it will appear as small, text above the question.
Question identifiers are case sensitive, must begin with a letter, and may only contain letters, numbers, and underscores.
TIP! To ensure that you can easily identify the question later, make sure the identifier is related to the question. For example, if you have a question that asks for the "Home Address" of your applicant, an identifier you may use would be home_address or home address. For longer questions, it is still important to keep the identifier short, therefore for questions such as "Name your top 3 favourite colours" your identifier may be favourite colours or three colours.
How does the Identifier Appear within the Site
When the identifier is added to the question this is how it will be identified internally throughout the site, it will replace the original question which is why it is important that it is related to the question so you can easily identify it later. It will be displayed in the following sections:
- In the Piping Wizard of an Applicant form or a Reviewer form
- Within all Filters
The identifier will not be displayed to any of your end-users when they are filling out their forms
Reasons you may require an Identifier
Below is a list of reasons for adding an identifier to a question:
- Add an AEP formula to your form
- Use the Piping Wizard within an Applicant Form
- Use the Piping Wizard within a Reviewer Form
- Easily identify long questions
- Easily identify questions that appear more than once in your site
- Easily identify questions that don't have a title