NOTE: If using a Datasource Question in your form you will not be able to create an Advanced Branching Rule based off of the responses given.
- Within your form, click on the Questions tab in the top left corner
- Under Advanced Questions, double-click or click and drag the Datasource question to add it to your form.
- Optional: Add an Identifier to your question
- Enter the Question Title
- Optional: Add a Description
- Set the +Options
i. Decide if the Question will be Required or Optional
- Add the Datasource URL
- Set the +Display, with this question, the only display option is the Width of the question
TIP! If you are using a JSON file and don't have an accessible link for the file, upload it to the Files section first to retrieve an internal URL of the file.
Enabling this will make the question Optional.
When a user enters the form, if the question is Optional they will be able to proceed and complete the form without providing a response to this question.
Enter the URL for your data source in this field. The URL should return a JSON encoded dictionary (keys will be choice values, values will be choice labels).
In order for the Datasource question to work correctly, the "Keys" to each of the choices will need to be unique.
NOTE: Once the response is given the Label will be saved as a Text Response to the question, therefore if the JSON file is changed in any way the collected response will not be affected. Therefore you will still be able to report on the original response.
You can adjust the width based on a percentage of the size of the page. By default, the value is 100% to make it fit the page size.